oneslime.net Forum Index oneslime.net
Slime talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New version!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it worth having two player mode in One Slime?
Yes, definitely
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Maybe
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

wedgey
Site Admin

Location: three quarters of a mile from the surface of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there aint nothin better then an original...like movies all the good ones are the first ones. all the sequals and prequals either suck or not as good as the original

I agree - though I wasn't trying to improve the game, just make it a bit easier on the eye by reducing the flickering.

Does the version on the front page now (as of 4th June) run any faster?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: restarting Reply with quote

i dont c much a difference, except when i restart the lvl, the former picture of the ball and slimes remains. That neva happened on the old one!
wedgey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: restarting Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
i dont c much a difference, except when i restart the lvl, the former picture of the ball and slimes remains. That neva happened on the old one!

Yep, I just realised, will fix it shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to register. lol im the guy with the old crap.

as the previous guy noted that the screen stays on from the last round, that did happen in the old version also but when youd move your guy or the ball over the old stuff itd erase it. as for the game speed, i as you have notice, have not noticed an increase. more or less seems like i went from 50fps to like 20fps. i myself prefer an occasional flicker as opposed to having lower frame rates. as for the AI i havent noticed a difference in it because well i cant play it past the white lol

oh yeah and the 6-6 thing is just for like today and tommorow? kinda wierd.
wedgey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
as the previous guy noted that the screen stays on from the last round, that did happen in the old version also but when youd move your guy or the ball over the old stuff itd erase it. as for the game speed, i as you have notice, have not noticed an increase. more or less seems like i went from 50fps to like 20fps. i myself prefer an occasional flicker as opposed to having lower frame rates. as for the AI i havent noticed a difference in it because well i cant play it past the white lol

Is it still slow if you press B during the game (which in theory should go back to drawing the old way)? That's quite a significant slow down - it doesn't seem to happen on my computers Sad

Anonymous wrote:
oh yeah and the 6-6 thing is just for like today and tommorow? kinda wierd.

Yep Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

hey this is a great game, all i think it needs is a replay button, and ive found out that when i run my itunes when i play the newer version, it goes faster...dont know why.. but it does!
wedgey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: hey Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
hey this is a great game, all i think it needs is a replay button, and ive found out that when i run my itunes when i play the newer version, it goes faster...dont know why.. but it does!

Yeah - we did some experiments a while ago regarding this. Strange huh.
http://oneslime.net/wiki/Speed_issues
http://oneslime.net/wiki/Talk:Speed_issues

Maybe replays will come in one day Smile I'm not really sure why I took them out in the first place Confused
Duder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: hell yeah!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

dude, this 6/6/6 feel and look of the game is da faecal excretion. please, make this version available for playing if you switch tomorrow to the old look
Twisted Evil
NigtShifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: New Version Reply with quote

The new version won't even load for me, I have to use the classic version to play now...

Did you make a change to require Sun Java over MS Java? I detest Sun Java, it loads so much slower...
wedgey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: New Version Reply with quote

NigtShifter wrote:
The new version won't even load for me, I have to use the classic version to play now...

Did you make a change to require Sun Java over MS Java? I detest Sun Java, it loads so much slower...

No it doesn't specifically require Sun Java, it just requires Java 1.2 or higher, and I think (could be wrong) that MS's JVM topped out at v1.1. I'm not sure what other JVMs are currently available. Sun's version 1.2 probably came out in 1999 or 2000 and includes some better graphics routines (such that double buffering should be much faster) as well as much nicer event handling (mouse, key input etc). Java version 1.5 is out now btw.

Duder wrote:
dude, this 6/6/6 feel and look of the game is da faecal excretion. please, make this version available for playing if you switch tomorrow to the old look
Twisted Evil

Cheers. Yeah, I'll leave it up at http://oneslime.net/666.html Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oneslime.net Forum Index -> Slime Volleyball All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: