oneslime.net Forum Index oneslime.net
Slime talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slime

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuccij7
Inferior Human Controlled Slime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Slime Reply with quote

I suggest that a server goes up. Just one server. People want to play slime with others over the internet, but they have no place to do it. Im on the chatbox all the time waiting for people to play, and theres a TON of people the come in and out. The problem is the server client method hasn't worked for me or anyone ive talked to yet. If a server went up im positive you would get traffic. Hey, if i had the power to make one i would. I know its tough, time consuming, and costly. But it would be a great add-on. And more people to the site means more income, that is if you use google add words for your ads. Even if you add more ads to the site, people would still come to play, maybe even a 5 dollar one time fee to remove adds for yourself, or anyone on your IP adress. Hey, even a score board and ranking. This could become big man. If you build it, they will come. Just some words of encouragement.
wedgey
Site Admin

Location: three quarters of a mile from the surface of the sun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, it would be cool. Unfortunately (I've posted this somewhere else but can't find it!) my hosting company doesn't allow me to run my own Java programs on the server, which would be required for Network Slime. I think this is pretty common too, I'd need to get a dedicated server to run the Slime server (ie, the hosting company has a computer JUST for Slime). As you can tell, this is expensive! If anyone knows of a cheap and good company that runs dedicated servers (yes they are conflicting properties, I know) then leave a message here, or email me (admin at oneslime.net).

I don't want to have more ads on the site than are necessary, and I'm also against a registration fee. Hopefully there's a company that will have a cheap enough hosting arrangement.
nuccij7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be just swell.
Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BECAUSE EVERY ONE LOVES JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oneslime.net Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: